tisdag 7 april 2009

Min koloni


I got my allotment in April 2009

My allotment is located in Malmö, South of Sweden. Some say it’s located in zone 1, some say it’s actually zone 0.Our allotment was founded in 1905. I believe its Sweden’s oldest allotment area.

My lot is 150 m2. I have a small insulated cottage 10 m2 big. It contains a mini gas stove, gas heater and a large sofa. There is no electricity in the area, and that’s part of the charm. When arriving to the allotment I disconnect completely with everyday office stress. It’s impossible to think about deadlines and deliveries when digging in the ground.

My lot holds 2 apple trees and one plum tree. I’ve dug up half of the lawn and started to grow vegetables.
Being a vegetarian, my biggest focus is to grow things that I can eat. Flowers are pretty, but vegetables are both pretty and delicious.

Below are some pictures of my lot just when I had bought it.
The previous owner only came twice a year to cut the lawn, so the place wasn’t looked after at all when I took over it. I have slowly started to redo it, repainting, planting and shaping.




























































































Så här såg det ut 4 juli 2009









x



2 kommentarer:

Lazzze on 21 maj 2010 kl. 23:44 sa...

Så du é vegetarian!!!
Nu förstår jag varför du var så bekymrad över att kaninerna äter upp din mat... :-D

Ha en trevlig Pingst!

/Lasse

Anonym sa...

Dum fråga kanske....men varför skriver du på Engelska ?
Mvh
Ingemar i Sjöbo

Skicka en kommentar

 

Odling i city Copyright © 2008 Black Brown Art Template by Ipiet's Blogger Template